Monday, July 9, 2007

Ok so this is unrelated to crochet but I wanted to share. When my grandma passed (5 years ago next month) my mom wanted to put a marker next to her grave stone that read "If Tears could build a staircase And memories a lane, We'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again." Well about a week later going through her stuff I ran across a newspaper clipping that gave me chills. It read:

God looked around His garden,
And he found and empty place.
He then looked down upon this Earth
And saw your tired face.
He put His arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's Garden must be beautiful
He always takes the best.
He knew that you were suffering,
He knew you were in pain,
He also knew in Heaven you
Would never hurt again.
He saw the road was getting rough,
And the hills harder to climb,
So He closed your weary eyelids,
And whispered "Peace be Thine."
It broke our hears to lose you,
But you didn't go alone,
For part of us went with you,
The day God called you home.
If tears could build a staircase
And memories a lane,
We'd walk all the way to heaven
And bring you home again.

With the anniversary of my grandmas death right around the corner I am finding myself back in that whole depression slump even 5 years later. But she is here around me letting me know. She is always sending me cardnials, they were her favorite birds and I have seen numerous cardnials flying around lately. I love you grandma and miss you so much!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

That was beautiful. We had a similar saying put on the back of the "holy cards" for my MILs wake in Jan. We picked it out when preplanning both funerals for them. She was already suffering from the debilitating disease that cruelly attacked her body.Her passing was a blessing for her...we will always miss her, as you miss your grandmother. She must have been a very special woman.